Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I believe in America...again.

What an amazing feeling to watch history being made last week. It was one of those moments in life where you will always remember where you were when you heard. In this case I was in my friend Morgan's house in South Lake Tahoe with her dog Lassen and three friends watching on CNN with their silly holograms. I couldn't believe it when they announced it at 8 pm. After the last two elections I felt there had to be a catch. Maybe thats why I waited so long to write this post?!

I know there are lot of hopes and dreams riding on Obama's election and I don't envy his position, but for now I am still just reveling in this moment when American said no more to Bush and elected a black man to be president. I liked how Jon Stewart put it, we are not longer a tell nation but a show nation, that this county has shown that democracy works and that the principles upon which our nation was founded really do apply. Let's all hope for the positive change Obama has promised us!


0 comments: